Important: Swift Transport Services and COVID-19
In understandably stressful and uncertain times we would like to reassure you that we are doing our best to follow current Australian Government and World Health guidelines in relation to COVID-19 and working to minimize the spread in an industry that has face to face contact.
We would like to advise of a couple of ways we can minimize contact while delivering your goods:
- Sign on glass apps and PDA’s – be reassured you do not at this point in time have to physically sign if you would prefer not to and we are advising drivers that they can sign on clients behalf. Please provide your full name to our driver and they will type it in as the proof of delivery
- Manually handling small goods/receiving small items – specify to our driver where you would like them to leave your item
- Asking drivers to (when possible) maintain distance between themselves and clients
- Drivers staying inside their truck cabins whilst being unloaded to minimize face to face contact
- Lets minimize any paperwork that’s not necessary
- Drivers not entering clients buildings unless required
- Any other protocols as suggested by individual clients that you would like our drivers to follow
Our drivers and staff are being encouraged to practice regular handwashing / disinfecting and to follow all guidelines provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
In the unlikely and unfortunate event that we require a complete depot closure clients will be advised, however we will continue working from several home offices and every attempt will be made to minimize disruption to your deliveries. To assist us during any shutdown periods we ask that you book online as our number of available phonelines will likely be limited. Please ask for your online bookings usernames and passwords if you do not have these already. In the event of any closedown we will send an email with further details and alternate phone numbers.
Currently we continue delivering business as usual with the above measures in place.
With any concerns or questions please be in touch- we are here to help.
Your team at Swift Transport Services